Travel scholarships allow IZKF‘s young researchers to spend time at other laboratories in Germany or abroad to conduct important experiments or learn the latest techniques and methods. The programme also allows doctoral candidates or the board of IZKF to intensify existing collaborations or establish new ones. Travel grants include transportation and accommodation for up to 3 months. An extension of the travel scholarship for another 3 months is possible.
Scholarships are granted during the year by the chairman or the IZKF Management Board on the basis of an application based on scientific evidence and depending on the positions available.
Applications should be submitted at least 14 days to 4 weeks before the start of the scholarship.
Please note that for amounts of 5,000 Euro or more the IZKF Management Board will decide in one of its meetings.
A university degree is required for the application. The assumption of costs through the IZKF is limited on proven and reasonable travel expenses. The maximum reimbursement amount follows the DAAD-Aufenthaltspauschale.
|Duration of the scholarship||3 month|
reimbursement of residence expenses according to the “DAAD-Aufenthaltspauschale“
Who can apply
Travel scholarships are available for:
- project leaders of junior projects and ELAN
- active participants of IZKF Clinician Scientist Programme
- IZKF laboratory rotations
- doctoral students employed in IZKF (Advanced projects, Jochen-Kalden-Funding programme, ELAN, junior projects)
- Medical students with MD Thesis Scholarship
To apply for travel scholarships, the following documents must be submitted to the IZKF administrative office and will then be submitted to the chairman for approval:
- an application based on scientific evidence by the applicant (techniques/methods must result directly from the question of the IZKF project)
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the project leader or supervisor
- Letter of confirmation from the host institution
- detailed statement of costs
Upon approval of the travel scholarship, the IZKF administrative office will issue an agreement that specifies the reimbursement of expenses.